- have technical issues you want to master?
- pieces needing polish, or a performance or audition to prepare for?
- want a second opinion about where to focus your energy and valuable practice time for the most pay off?
- want to learn to tell a story through your music and learn to love playing more than ever?
- need performance coaching?
- want to overcome performance anxiety?
- want guidance about making your practice time more effective and efficient?
- want to explore improvisation or composition?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above, perhaps I can help?
I have been teaching privately and in group settings since 1996 and am a great diagnostician (my violin geek really comes out!), leaving no stone unturned in effort to truly dig out the root of any issue, including tone, vibrato, bowing, and intonation issues. I combine background in the work of several respected pedagogues, including Ivan Galamian, Paul Rolland, Suzuki, and Kato Havas. With knowledge of bio-mechanics, current brain research, psychology, and several genres upon the foundation of classical training, my approach truly combines body, mind, and spirit.
I am looking for those students who, independent of age or ability level, are committed to learning, growing as a player and person, and who are not afraid to dive deep and give music their all! Visit my online lessons page for more information.